A very popular game nowadays, Poker is the interest of almost every other cards lover you come across. For those who are not aware of the basics of this game and where was it originated, we are here to help you out figuring out the same.
Poker basically originated in the sixteenth century by the Germans who began playing the bluffing game known as ‘Pochen’. Later, it came to be known as ‘Poque’ in the French version and began to be played on riverboats in New Orleans.
There is a common misconception regarding poker online that it is solely based on luck. Though luck plays a major role in winning, it is not sufficient. With luck, a lot of skill is needed and there are a lot of other tricks involved as well.
How is it played?
A pack of 52 cards is generally used in Poker. However, these days, in order to speed things up, two packs of contrasting colors are used. One pack is dealt with and the other is shuffled so as to be prepared for the next deal. The procedure followed is such that when a deal is in progress, cards from the pack which was dealt are assembled by the previous dealer, shuffled and then placed to the left. This shuffled deck is then passed on to the next dealer when it is time for the next deal.
Highest scoring combinations:
A poker hand generally comprises 5 cards and the opponent with the best combination is likely to win,
- Five of a kind- For this combination, at least one wild card is required which can be a joker, two one-eyed jacks, or the four deuces.
- Straight flush- The standard pack with no wild cards is needed for this combination. For a straight flush, five cards belonging to the same suit in the sequence are needed.
- Four of a kind- Ranking just below the straight flush, an example of this combination can be four aces. The fifth card, whatever it may be, does not matter.
- Full house- For this hand, one needs three cards belonging to one rank and two cards belonging to the other rank.
- Flush- For this combination, five cards are needed which belong to the same suit but not necessarily in sequence.
- Straight- This is just the opposite of flush where all cards should not belong to the same suit but should be in sequence.
- Three of a kind- In this combination, three cards belong to the same rank and the other two cards can belong to different ranks.
- Two pairs- In this combination, one pair belongs to one rank and the other pair belongs to a different rank. The fifth card can be of a different rank altogether.
- One pair- In this combination, there is one pair of the same rank and the other three cards of different ranks.
- No pair- In this, nothing quite adds up. There is no same suit and no consecutive rank. In such a scenario where more than one player gets a ‘nothing’, the results are based on the highest card in the hand.
One can play online poker on gambling websites such as https://www.pokerqiu.me/.